mark of the witch by jessica gibson

Written by Darlyn At Friday, March 01, 2013
Title: Mark of the Witch
Author: Jessica Gibson
Series: Boston Witches #1
Pages: 89 (pdf)
Rating: 3.5/5
Cover Rating: 4/5

Summary (Goodreads):
Magic flows through Jillian Proctor's veins as surely as blood, but so far her life outside Boston has been peaceful. William Morgan blows into Jilly's life like a hurricane, unleashing her magic and sending her out of control. Unknowingly, William brings an enemy who only wants to posses the power of the witch. Jilly must learn to harness her magic before she loses it - and everything in her life is destroyed.

My 2 Cents:

This book is the first book of Boston Witches series. Physically, the book is a short story of a twin sisters, Jillian (Jilly) and Caroline. How I root for sisters protagonists! Once, I read a book (which I love the movie, Practical Magic) also about sister's act, not twin though. It was quite a while I read something like this. It is such a great read to know that both characters get even and ample story about them in a book. I don't think either of them get outshone by one another. It's a great love story too, just when one of them facing marriage's problem. There's also William, a hunk that is immortal, has love interest with Jilly and I think they made a lovely couple even though Jilly is kind of fierce? The story is quite straight forward and quite predictable. Maybe there's one flaw that I would highlight here; character's development is just so-so.But even with that, the characters are still likable. I like them. However, the next book is way better!

0 bookish peeps...:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review