godonism by theo von cezar

Written by Darlyn At Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Title: Godonism
Author: Theo Von Cezar
Pages: 358
Published: July 15th, 2010
Rating: 3.5/5
Buy at: Amazon IndieBound

Summary (Goodreads):

The dystopian novel ‘Godonism’ is set in the year 159, Nebula Era - a future of apocalyptic times. Ahma and Jovian, in order to survive, sign a contract with Black Petal and thus they start to sell redemptive tickets for Hereafter. Most of the people have to pawn their dreams, thoughts, memories in order to survive and therefore pay their debts to MondoCash – a half-statal, half-private bank, whilst the State deals with religo-science – the science that plans the lives of all people in advance.

My Two Cents:
It really takes a while for me to write a review for this novel. The truth is, I have a mixed feeling about the book. I love the thought of apocalyptic times, but at the same time, there was too many things going on. Somehow it felt like a scientology preaches. Yeah, it has something new and exciting about it but it is quite crazy for me; not in a bad way, and not in a good way either. Maybe dystopian is not my thing. I appreciate the author's imaginations and ideas but for me, it was a so-so story. The idea of converting souls and mind for cash is way too much (though my sister said it was cool). Perhaps the way it's being told was quite complicated and very much into details. I wish some simplicity in it. However, I still want to give it a try, and did finished it, but with doubts.

Disclaimer: I received this book from the author for an exchange of fair review. These are my honest review and receiving a copy in no way will ever reflected my review.

0 bookish peeps...:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review