beast master by motomi kyousuke

Written by Darlyn At Saturday, January 29, 2011
h

Title: Beast Master
Author: Motomi Kyousuke
Series: Completed
Vol(s) reviewing: Vol. 1 & 2
Publisher: VIZ Media LLC
Rating: 3.5/5
Source: Read for free HERE

Summary:
Leo Aoi looks like a crazy animal with wild eyes--and no one at his new high school will go near him! He does seem to have a special connection with animals though, which intrigues overzealous animal-lover Yuiko Kubozuka. In reality, Leo isn't as frightening as he appears, but Yuiko finds out that he goes berserk whenever he sees blood! Will Yuiko be able to get through to Leo during these violent fits? Or will Leo's ferocious side eventually devour her?

My 2 Cents:
Very funny story when an animal lover girl never being liked by animals meet a scare looking boy who acts like animal and no one befriend with him except Yuiko. Well, at least there's an animal-like boy never scared of her. While others judge Leo appearance of violence, Yuiko is different when she tried to be friend with Leo. It's quite weird because I don't think we ever meet someone like Leo except if there's any Tarzan anymore. Although Leo is kind of fierce, animals love him and that really makes Yuiko jealous with him since she's an animal lover but always being ignored by animals. Yuiko is the only one who knows to comfort him, even he might acts violent. The story has its cute and sweet sides that piqued my interest and it's definitely a good recommended read to manga readers.

7 comments:

  1. Never got into manga but I can see why it's fascinating. I may try it at the bookstore one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just check it out since it's online--thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really a manga reader but my sister likes to read it so I'll recommend it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like a funny read! Remember reading manga very long time ago. This surely brings back some sweet memory =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you KNOW I'll have to check these out! I've actually been reading Black Butler lately. Just started reading past the published volumes online. Definitely enjoying the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big manga reader (well when I have enough money to be) and this is one of the few manga's I recommended to my non-manga friends that they really enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review