chill factor by sandra brown

Written by Darlyn At Sunday, August 08, 2010
Title: Chill Factor
Author: Sandra Brown
Pages: 400
Rating: 3.5/5

Summary (Goodreads):

Cleary, North Carolina, is a sleepy mountain town, the kind of place where criminal activity is usually limited to parking violations. Not so, lately. Four women have disappeared from Cleary over the past two years. And there's always a blue ribbon left near the spot where each of the women was last seen. There are no bodies, no other clues, and no suspicion as to who their abductor might be. And now, another woman has disappeared without a trace.

It is to this backdrop that Lilly Martin returns to close the sale of her mountain cabin, marking the end of her turbulent eight-year marriage to Dutch Burton, Cleary's chief of police. Dutch's reluctance to let her go isn't Lilly's only obstacle. As she's trying to outrun a snowstorm, her car skids on the icy road and strikes a man who emerges from the woods on foot. She recognizes the injured man as Ben Tierney, whom she'd met the previous summer. They're forced to wait out the storm in the cabin, but as the hours of their confinement mount, Lilly begins to wonder if the greatest danger to her safety isn't the blizzard outside, but the mysterious man right beside her.

Is Ben Tierney the feared abductor? Or is he who he claims to be?Her rescuer from harm and from the tragedy that haunts her?


My Say:

Pretty intense read! I like most of Sandra Brown books and this one is included. The thought of stuck with someone that might be the serious psychopath killer next beside you in a blizzard is like digging your own grave, even though you never plan it. The story has a rapid pace and every chapter is confusing you which you can't really predict who is actually the killer and what's the link between each characters. In the end, I still think the same person is the serial killer. The author put a lot of twist in the book and from time to time, I keep changing my mind on who is actually the antagonist person.

However, it never occurs to me the unthinkable part of the story. Would you have an intimate time with a person that maybe will be someone who might kill you? Me, never. Even if I am quite sure he's not the killer. But if he's someone handsome and a guy of my dream, well, maybe. It happened in the book but actually it kind of works. I think it can be a flaw and change quite a bit of my 'chill and thrill' perception. Maybe that is why it is called romance suspense? Even so, the storyline is pretty strong and still an engaging read with a lot of suspense. I never actually read this kind of genre but it is still an enjoyable read. The pace never slow you down and you will forget the romance part in no time. LOL.

Highly recommended to all romance/suspense reader.

Credit: This book review is link up to Book Review Party Wednesday - Thriller Addition at Cym Lowell Blog. Click HERE for more info.

10 comments:

  1. I've to admit that I've never read anything by this author before but quite a few people have recommend her books to me! Sounds like a really intensifying read but I bet that our curiosity towards the mystery involved makes this book quite a page-turner. Hoping that I'd get the chance to read any books by this author one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have been a fan of Sandra Brown for years. Please stop by my place, I have an award for you.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read Sandra Brown often, I should try one of her newer ones to see if I am still a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a long time since I have read Sandra Brown but I love her books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely review! I love the sound of this book, now. Nothing like a good, intense story to keep you interested!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really liked the Sandra Brown novels I've read so far but I'm yet to read this one. Enjoyed your review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen girl! Me never either!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brian, sorry to disappoint you my dear i am not Sandra Brown well good luck i hope you find her or she finds you. i hope you are keeping well since i spoke to you last and skye is being good, schumi is getting crafty he knows how to open his cage with his beak.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not read any of Sandra Brown's books. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I'll keep her in my radar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review