boys that bites by mari mancusi

Written by Darlyn At Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Title: Boys That Bite (Blood Coven #1)
Author:
Mari Mancusi
Pages:
175 (e-Book, pdf)
Rating:
4/5

Synopsis (Goodreads):

Technically Sunshine can't get killed-because she's immortal. Well, not quite yet. Due to the worst case of mistaken identity with her dark-side-loving twin sister at a Goth club called Club Fang, Magnus, a vampire hottie, went for Sunshine's innocent neck. Now if she doesn't reverse it in time, Magnus will be her blood mate forever and she's doomed to be a blood-gulping, pasty, daylight-hating vampire. That would seriously bite.

And now, after the unfortunate slaying of the vampire leader, Sunshine, her sister Rayne, and Magnus must find the one thing that can solve her problem: the Holy Grail. They wish it were a joke but it's not. It's absolutely necessary that Sunshine gets out of this in time, because somehow she scored the hottest prom date in her school, the mouth-watering Jake Wilder. So she just can't be a vampire for the prom-let alone the rest of eternity.

My Review:

This is not your typical boy bites-girl love story. Yeah, right. Honestly, it's funny and I'm enjoying my time reading and I have to admit that this book is page turner. The twin girls, Sunshine and Raiyne (Sun and Rain??) are very different but both of them have very interesting characters. Their personalities are nothing in common, Sunny is like other normal girl which is a bit down to earth while Rayne is more like a goth freak babe. She likes wearing black and goth makeups.

I love the twins although they have the differences, but kind of complete each other. It's cool to have another you, right? At some point, it's really predictable as I can assume what will happen next. By saying that, I mean in a positive way. Because it was told in a very interesting and exciting way. Two identical girls with nothing in common and interests. Even Magnus cannot distinguished them at all as he bit Sunny instead of Rayne!

I will not tell the detail, but since Sunny doesn't want to be a vampire as Rayne wishes, she needs Magnus to reverse the vampirism transformation in her. Of course, a lot happens but very adventurous for a 16 years old of a typical, normal, stereotype school girl. But I like all the characters, Sunny, Rayne and Magnus (and he's so hot!). I like the writing which is really simple but very strong lines, makes me hooked up and totally absorbed, and finish in one sitting. Wow.

I will recommend you to read this book, especially all vampire fans and young adults.

p/s: I wish I can have a "Bite Me" tshirt. *LOL*

Other Reviewers:

YA Vampire Books 4/5
Key @ Smart Girls Read 4/5

6 comments:

  1. Another great vampire series? OH NO, there are too many! :) It does sounds pretty good to me. Love that cover and I would love a t-shirt like that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I'm not sure if I love their names or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review and that "bite me" t-shirt sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked the book! It's fun isn't it? Thanks for linking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the cover! i haven't read a vampire story in a while, sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I'm hearing that vampirism can be reversed... Interesting story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review