the friday 56 #5

Written by Darlyn At Friday, March 05, 2010
Tonya @ Story Time With Tonya and Friends hosted this fun weekly meme, which is you have to;
* Grab a book, closest.
* Turn to page 56, ind the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Story Time With Tonya and Friends.


David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

"Yes, and again, as we walk home, I note some neighbours looking at my mother and at me, and whispering.

Again, as the three go on arm-in-arm, and I linger behind alone, I follow some of those looks, and wonder if my mother's step be really not so light as I have seen it, and if the gaiety of her beauty be really almost worried away.

Again, I wonder whether any of the neighbours call to mind, as I do, how we used to walk home together, she and I; and I wonder stupidly about that, all the dreary dismal day."

7 comments:

  1. Stopped by for FF. Nice site--I'm glad to have found it. I would like to read more but don't know what's good (til now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new Friday Follower. Just wanted to say hello and wish you a great weekend! --Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening! Happy Friday Follow! I am your newest follower. Come visit me :) and have a great weekend! Shoot me an email if you'd like me to subscribe, twitter or facebook.

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    http://www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intersting tease. For some reason I have never read this classic... but you have planted the seed in my mind and I have a feeling I will be opening the pages sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby would love this book!

    Thanks for stopping at my blog! I follow you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A classic - and yet, I've never read it either.

    My Friday 56 is here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review